Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: insteon macros and triggers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
redoubt

Online Status: Offline
Posted: February 19 2006 at 16:47 | IP Logged Quote redoubt

The guys at AccessHA told me to try your software.

I've set up all my devices and can control all but one from the computer.

My question is, when do you expect to have the macros and triggers available for insteon?
Back to Top View redoubt's Profile Search for other posts by redoubt

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 19 2006 at 18:13 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Redoubt,

Welcome to PowerHome!

Macro and triggers for Insteon will be available in the next beta (might be as soon as a couple of days). The macro commands arent a real big deal since you can achieve the same effect within a macro by using a formula command and the Insteon functions (ph_insteon,ph_insteonrawgroup,ph_devicebtn, etc). The triggers are the one real glaring omission.

Out of curiosity, what is the one device that you cant control? Is it something about PowerHome or more related to your setup.

Let me know.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

redoubt

Posted: February 19 2006 at 19:06 | IP Logged Quote redoubt

The device I am having trouble with is an Icon relay. I even have it in a couple groups, but I won't show up in my status page.

I will have to look at the formulas. My goal is to trigger a macro/script/formula/whatever. I want to press one button on the KeyPadLinc and have it set the lights (done) and then open the screen curtain and close the side and rear curtains. To do the second part the program must know the current location of the curtains so it can apply power to the motor IF required.

My understanding is I will need the ability to "trigger" from the KPL and "flags"/"conditionals" to hold the Open/Closed status of the curtains. I don't know the syntax, but the basic idea is something like:

MoveSideCurtain
turn on SideCurtainMotor
pause 10 seconds
turn off SideCurtainMotor
if SideCurtainStatus = 1 then SideCurtainMotor = 0 else SideCurtainMotor = 1

I will have one of those for each of the three curtains to move them individualy.

Then I need the big one for one touch setup.

PrepTheater
(set all lights)
If SideCurtainStatus = 0 then MoveSideCurtain
If ScreenCurtainStatus = 1 then MoveScreenCurtain
If BackCurtainStatus = 0 then MoveBackCurtain

Did that make enough sense?

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 20 2006 at 15:59 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Redoubt,

If a device is not showing in the Device Status screen, then check it's Insteon Device Type. If the type that it is set to has the "Control Only" flag set, then it wont appear in the Device Status screen (this is so that ControLincs or SwitchLincs as slaves in multi-way circuits don't show up). The ICON relay will appear twice in the Insteon Types screen. Choose the type that doenst have "Control Only" and you should be good.

Flags and conditionals are no problem. The trigger from the KPL will be coming VERY soon. If you're in a hurry, you can assign an X10 address to the KPL and trigger off of that in the current version.

The curtain control should be easy as well as long as you're using a controller that PowerHome supports. How do you plan on controlling the curtains?

As long as you have an interface that PowerHome can use to control and monitor the curtains, then everything else is a piece of cake using macros and global variables.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

redoubt

Posted: February 21 2006 at 00:18 | IP Logged Quote redoubt

Cool. I was able to add the one that was missing and get rid of a slave switch. Thanks.

How would I assign an X10 address to say button 4 of the KPL and have it heard by the program? I didn't think the insteon devices would transmit X10 commands.

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 21 2006 at 09:44 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Redoubt,

I don't have the KPL manual in front of me, but if I remember correctly, it's something like press and hold the secondary button 4 for 10 seconds until it's in link mode. Then send the X10 address to assign 3 times in a row (PowerHome can do this with the ph_x10 function). Check the KPL manual to be sure though.

FYI...I got the first set of Insteon triggers working last night .

Dave.

redoubt

Posted: February 23 2006 at 09:03 | IP Logged Quote redoubt

How are the triggers coming?

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 23 2006 at 22:01 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Heh,

They're coming around nicely. Finished the first four and trying to decide whether to implement the last two or not.

The four I have now are "Insteon Group In", "Insteon Group Out", "Insteon Direct In", and "Insteon Direct Out". These four are low impact because the trigger is basically firing when an Insteon message is sent. IOW, if a keypadlinc button is pressed, this will fire a trigger based upon the address of the Keypadlinc and the button (group) number. So it's a real simple one to one check.

However, the ones Im toying with are triggers based upon the responder. If the above KeypadLinc example, the button controls 7 other lights, I would have to check the trigger 7 times (one for each of the responders) vs once for the Master. Im not sure what kind of performance hit this will be.

Anyways, Im currently implementing the Insteon macro commands so I'll have the next beta ready shortly.

Dave.

redoubt

Posted: February 24 2006 at 19:44 | IP Logged Quote redoubt

Sounds cool. The one I am really interested in is KeyPadLink buttons as a trigger. Then being able to run a macro based on that trigger.

Keep it up!

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: February 24 2006 at 20:24 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Cool. Those are the ones I will definately have working in the next beta.

If all goes as planned, I'll have it out sometime this weekend.

Dave.

redoubt

Posted: March 03 2006 at 01:56 | IP Logged Quote redoubt

Any more news?

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 03 2006 at 14:12 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

I feel terrible about missing last weekend. It's currently ready to go, but Im waiting for SmartHome to give me a crucial memory location so I can finish the KeypadLinc Configuration Utility. If they don't get with me before the end of the weekend, I'll just go ahead and release with the partial functionality.

The Insteon triggers are all there as well as numerous bug fixes so no worries there.

Dave.

fasttimes
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: March 19 2006 at 01:41 | IP Logged Quote fasttimes

Any chance you could show a newbie what a line entry would look like for using a button on a keypadlinc to execute a macro?
Back to Top View fasttimes's Profile Search for other posts by fasttimes

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: March 19 2006 at 14:06 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Fasttimes,

Are you asking how to create a trigger so that pressing a KPL button will launch a macro?

If so, no problem. The first thing we need to make sure is that PowerHome will be notified when the KPL button is pressed. If the KPL is "linked" to other lights and appliances, then were all set. If the KPL button is not controlling anything else and is going to only be used to launch a macro, then we need to create a link with the KPL button as the controller and the PLC as the responder. Once this is done, PowerHome will be sent a message when the KPL button is pressed.

With this in place, all we need to do now is create a trigger. You can use the below as a guide:

ID: Short Descriptive ID of your choide.
Description: Same as above, a little more detailed if you like (dont leave blank...it's a required field).
Action Type: Macro
Action: The ID of the macro you wish to trigger.
Action Style: Queued (you should always use queued)
Trigger Type: Insteon Group In
Trigger ID: The ID of the KPL
Trigger ID Number: The number of the KPL button (1 to 8).
Trigger Value: On or Off depending upon how you want to trigger.
Boolean: 1

Save and you should be good to go.

Please let me know if this works for you or not.

Dave.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version