Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Device Status not updating in 2.15a Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
patrickm

Online Status: Offline
Posted: October 09 2014 at 16:01 | IP Logged Quote patrickm

I just installed 2.15a with an Insteon hub and have noticed that the device status is not updating after ph_insteongroupcu commands. If I close the device status window and reopen it the device status is correct.

Is there some new setting in 2.15a that I am not aware of?

Thanks
Patrick
Back to Top View patrickm's Profile Search for other posts by patrickm

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 10 2014 at 22:37 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Patrick,

I don't think this has been reported yet but Ive added it to the debug list. I'll look into the code shortly and let you know what I find out.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

patrickm

Posted: October 11 2014 at 15:53 | IP Logged Quote patrickm

I had an error message during PH reinit:

Unable to retrieve next internal link on Insteon PLM (SmartLinc) CNTL1. Attempting to restart controller (1 of 5)...

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 20 2014 at 11:08 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Patrick,

Im addressing your issue above and cant see where the problem is. This was definitely an issue with PowerHome 2.1.5 but was fixed in 2.1.5a. Can you give me some more info on how the group cleanup command is being issued and details on the specific command, extended/standard, etc?

Ive checked through the code and so far cannot locate where the problem lies so any additional info would be a huge help.

Thanks,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

patrickm

Posted: October 20 2014 at 12:16 | IP Logged Quote patrickm

Dave,
I am not doing anything unusual.

ph_insteongroupcu("STEP_LIGHTS_DIM","STEP LIGHTS",ion)

Patrick

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 20 2014 at 13:30 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Patrick,

In the Help|About window can you verify that the PH version is indeed 2.1.5a (sorry...have to ask )?

With that out of the way, can you add a ph_devicerefreshstat() function immediately after the call to ph_insteongroupcu? If that corrects the problem, it will help me pinpoint where the issue is.

Thanks,

Dave.

patrickm

Posted: October 20 2014 at 14:04 | IP Logged Quote patrickm

It is 2.1.5a Database 2.1.5

This works fine:

ph_insteongroupcu("STEP_LIGHTS_DIM","STEP LIGHTS",ion) + ph_devicerefreshstat()   

Will that update Elk status as well?

Thanks
Patrick

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 20 2014 at 14:55 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Patrick,

The ph_devicerefreshstat function should "trigger" the update of all modified devices (who have had the lastchange time/date stamp updated). Since this works for your ph_insteongroupcu function, this tells me that Im properly updating both the status and the lastchange but must be missing the "trigger". Now Ive just got to find where Ive missed it.

Another thing to help pinpoint the exact code...in your Insteon Explorer top section, do you have "Update on ACK" checked or unchecked?

Also, are you having a problem with Elk devices updating? If so, give me some details and I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks,

Dave.

patrickm

Posted: October 20 2014 at 15:38 | IP Logged Quote patrickm

I do not have update on ACK checked.

With the ELK I frequently have one of the ELK areas not indicating the correct ARM status, ARM state and ALARM state in the device status window after arming both areas. The status will update if I disarm and arm one of areas again.

Thanks
Patrick

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: October 20 2014 at 19:26 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Patrick,

Ive setup a test scenario in my system to try and duplicate and so far I cant get a failure. Ive unchecked "Update on ACK" (I usually run with it checked) and have group 3 of my PLM controlling a switchlinc. When I send a group cleanup command to this device, my device status screen updates without any issues.

What PLM group number is the "STEPS LIGHT DIM" group and what kind of device is the "STEP LIGHTS" device? In the link for the STEP LIGHTS device, what is the "Button" number (Links tab, Button column) for this group number?

Concerning the ELK...the ph_devicerefreshstat probably won't help you. If the ELK status doesnt update correctly when you close and reopen the Device Status window, then this function will have no effect. It sounds as if the communications between ELK and PowerHome may have an issue if the ELK status are not displaying properly. When the ELK controller is first connected to PowerHome, PH will query the Elk for the current status on all of its devices and updates internal tables to track this. After that, PH is just listening for commands from the ELK. When a command is received, the internal status and device status screens are updated to reflect the command. If the comms have an issue, the command may be missed and PowerHome will be out of sync until that device is updated again or the ELK controller is connected and reconnected within PowerHome. Do you know if you have any ELK comms lost messages in your eventlog?

Dave.

patrickm

Posted: October 21 2014 at 12:06 | IP Logged Quote patrickm

Dave,
The group numbers are 50 and 51. The button number is 0. The device is a 2476D Switchlinc 600W dimmer.

I have seen in the past a dialog box that has popped up that indicated that PH lost communication with the ELK but there were no event log entries. That occurred during a normal occupied condition not during arm or disarm events.

Would it be possible to query the ELK event log via PH? I would like the user info to be in sync as well.

Thanks
Patrick

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version