Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: Web Server Damaged? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Lenny

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 10 2008 at 20:07 | IP Logged Quote Lenny

I had the webserver working fine. It is listening on port 8085. My router has all the port forwarding configured and it worked internally and externally just fine. It's stopped working on me twice now and reinitilizing PH fixed both times. I tried to access it from the office this morning and was presented with the logon page and then the "page can not be displayed".
I came home and tried localhost by local ip and loopback 127.0.0.1 (http:\\localhost:8085,) same thing.
I have bounced PH and the pc and can't figure out whats wrong. There is nothing to configuring this thing... I moved it to a different port, reset passwords etc. My event log shows connection attempts.

GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
Accept-Language: en-us
UA-CPU: x86
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Host: 10.5.1.59:8085
Connection: Keep-Alive
Authorization: Basic

I don't see any seperate processes running for the webserver... Anyone else have this problem? I could uninstall and reinstall but that is just silly. I can't be reinstalling this on a regular basis.
Any help would be appreciated.
Lenny

Edited by Lenny - January 11 2008 at 07:50
Back to Top View Lenny's Profile Search for other posts by Lenny

crisx
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: January 11 2008 at 02:30 | IP Logged Quote crisx

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. I emailed Dave and he replied with this suggestion, which worked for me:

Quote:
The problem you describe will definately be fixed in the next version and should be simple for you to clear up right now. Ive traced this issue down to NULL data in the Insteon PLC groups table. What most likely has happened is that all was well and then you went and added an Insteon PLC group in the Insteon Explorer. This group will be default created with NULL data and will cause the main Device Status screen to return no data. To fix, just go to the PLC groups tab in the Insteon Explorer and press the "Control" button next to each PLC group you created. When the control window appears, just do a simple control of the group, either on or off is sufficient, and then exit. This will remove the NULL data and once you've fixed all the PLC groups, the Device Status web page should now appear.

Hope it helps,

Cris
Back to Top View crisx's Profile Search for other posts by crisx

Lenny

Posted: January 11 2008 at 10:49 | IP Logged Quote Lenny

Yup, that did it. Thanks so much.
Back to Top View Lenny's Profile Search for other posts by Lenny

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 15 2008 at 15:28 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Cris,

Thanks for posting this. Yep, anytime the main PowerHome webpage just suddenly stops working, this is usually the problem. I'll have this fixed in the next beta.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version